[ MIAMI BEACH ]
Fort Lauderdale resident ESTHER WILLIAMS (1955) was the Original Bathing Beauty and a popular MGM star in the 1940s and 1950s musicals.
Then and Now
One thing hasn't changed in 100 years on Miami Beach, the city still attracts the most shapely and beautiful among us, happy in a "DEVIL WEARS PRADA" fantasy land, while the rest of us LOOK ON humbly.
Living and Dying on Ocean Drive
 — VH1-Fashion Television produced a "DAY IN THE LIFE" of the fashion industry on SOUTH BEACH, including a short interview with Italian Designer, recent Miami Beach resident, and Fashion God of the Day, Gianni Versace, and guests, at the lavish opening of his "flagship" boutique at the corner of 4th Street and Collins Avenue.
MIAMI BEACH celebrated Gianni Versace's decision to both buy a house and open his American Flagship Boutique on Miami Beach. Unfortunately, less than four years later, Versace would be executed on the steps of his Ocean Drive mansion.
(1990s) Versace's arrival marked the height of what's been called the MIAMI BEACH RENAISSANCE, an acceleration of South Beach (SOBE) taking its position as the hottest new town IN FASHION.
• A "NEWS" ACCOUNT OF GIANNI VERSACE'S MURDER.
• MADONNA "SEX" BOOK — Pornography for the Well-Mannered /White Wine Drinker
• PRINCE @ GLAM SLAM — The "Artist" at home on Washington Avenue.
• WILL SMITH "MIAMI" — A "My Kind of Town" (Chicago) for the 1990s.
• AL Di MEOLA @ THE MARLIN [Island Record Studios/Ford Modeling Agency]
• MIAMI VICE — Like a long line, the hip TV show jump started the island's "REVIVAL."
• VICTORIA's SECRET @ THE FONTAINEBLEAU HOTEL [Nov. 15, 2008]
— Mitch Glazer (STARZ) glamorized the evolution of Miami's dark side.
"I Love This Town"
— Will Smith
miami design preservation league
1001 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
Art, Design, and Editorial Management by Original Noise
<< New text box >>